Friday, April 5, 2013

Ah...ah....Haiku! Bless you.

Once I get my brain in "writing mode", I don't want to leave!  So, I end up spending a lot of time reading writer's blogs and then writing my own stuff offline.  Tax season is getting pretty busy around here, so I'm having to keep my writing practice time to a minimum to stay on schedule.

In order to keep it short without skipping my practice the last couple of days, I have been trying to sneeze out a couple of haiku poems per session.  It's quite obvious to me that I am writing what's on the surface of my mind at the time.  That means I'm writing about taxes, cranky clients, and my yoga class.  My poems may not be all that creative, but they have entertained me in the moment.

Just for kicks, I'll share a few here with you:

Pink cherry blossoms
Missing festival again
Blame the tax season.


When I make more than
you pay in taxes, then you
can complain to me.

Hot, humid, dripping
sweat.  Focus, inhale, exhale.
Ahhhh, savasana!

Live at the Met in
background. Working Saturday.
Just love tax season.

Bright sunny window
Teasing birds fly by and then
computer beckons.

Trying to focus
On work, but having trouble
I just want to write!

Don’t you try to be
something you’re not for money.
Just follow your dreams!

Only a little over a week left before I have a normal workday again and I can devote a lot more time to my own writing projects.  Until then, Haiku!

No comments:

Post a Comment